I can say this: not much happened this month. I did do a lot of planning and came up with a plan of attack for the first goal. Most of the rest of the goals have been researched and are being worked on.
1. Clean, de-clutter, paint, re-carpet, fix ceiling, and organize Paige's room. This room is an unorganized disaster that needs some serious help. Plus she is at that age where she is growing out of everything: clothes, toys, books, etc.
Like I said before, I now have a plan of attack. Unfortunately, this plan of attack also includes Shali's old bedroom across the hall. Which wasn't in my original plans. I am on the hunt for shelves for Paige's room and a queen size bed for the other bedroom so we can move the full size bed to Paige's room. Paige also started decluttering and got rid of a lot of clothes! Yeah! More needs to be done, but this is a start.
2. Clean, organize, paint, and re-carpet the office. This is where I work at home (most of the time). It doesn't work for me. It doesn't really work for anyone.
I will tackle this after Paige's room. However, the need to organize the Ebay inventory is starting to become a necessity. I think I may have shelves in the barn to deal with this. I hope.
3. Purchase a hand gun and learn to use it well.
Still researching, but I think a 9mm might be the winner due to size and lightness.
4. To blog much more consistently and to learn to use social media to my advantage. To me consistently is at least 3-5 times a week. That doesn't happen right now.
Still working on this. I will always be working on this. The blog took a break for ten days due to my schedule and energy level. However, I am still busy, but feeling better. I stuck to using social media and promoting this blog. This is taking some time too. I might have to look into a scheduler.
5. To make a homemade gift for each birthday. I have lots of ideas that I am not using right now so this should be easy to do.
I am working on Shali's birthday present. She will be 20 in March!
6. Add 1-2 beehives to the homestead. I would love, love, love to produce our own honey.
I have a kit and some books picked out on Amazon. I am still debating on what to use and how many.
7. Lose 20 pounds over the year. Unbelievably, I love 20 pounds last year and would love to lose 20 more this year.
Nothing lost, but nothing gained either. Jordan decided to buy a scale for the house and that should help to keep track of the weight.
8. Finish six unfinished projects. I will introduce you all to my needlework pile in the future. You might not be laughing after you see it.
I did work on some needlework this last month, but forgot to take a picture. I will try to do so in the future!
9. Live as frugally as possible by making more my own things and using what I have first before buying more. This really needs to happen this year and working up a realistic budget will be the first step.
We are trying. We really are. We did eat out a few times due to Paige's basketball games getting over late. However, I am really trying to meal plan and have supper in the slow cooker.
10. Write a book or an e-book. Because I have always wanted to.
Nope, nothing here yet. I have ideas, but nothing concrete.
11. Go to a self-reliance/preparedness expo and/or Mother Earth News Fair. I have never been to one and always say I want to go one and never do. This year is the year for this!
Nothing here yet either. I know there is one in Florida in two weekends and it would be awesome to go. Florida just seems a bit far to go right now.
12. Get a new-to-me double recliner and love seat for the living room. The ones I have have been blessing my home for at least 16-19 years and they blessed some one else's home before that. The kids have made sure they are worn out and broken down. I have fixed over and over again. Enough. Time for new to me stuff!
I have been surfing Craigslist and Facebook sale sites, but no luck yet. I will be patient!
Hopefully we will see some real progress in the next month!
Thanks for reading,