February was a rough month for us with kids having colds and sinus infections. The ones who did not catch them were doing everything in their power to not catch them. We also had basketball tournaments 3 out of 4 weekends. That will kill getting anything done!
1. Clean, de-clutter, paint, re-carpet, fix ceiling, and organize Paige's room. This room is an unorganized disaster that needs some serious help. Plus she is at that age where she is growing out of everything: clothes, toys, books, etc.
We are in the process of cleaning and decluttering her room. We set a timer for 20 minutes most nights and tackle what we can. A lot has gone already, but more will be gone. We could probably have a garage sale at this point, but no time for that.
2. Clean, organize, paint, and re-carpet the office. This is where I work at home (most of the time). It doesn't work for me. It doesn't really work for anyone.
Nothing. Working on #1 first.
3. Purchase a hand gun and learn to use it well.
4. To blog much more consistently and to learn to use social media to my advantage. To me consistently is at least 3-5 times a week. That doesn't happen right now.
That didn't happen this month. I am learning I need a scheduler and to carve out some time. Mornings work better than anything so I will be getting up earlier.
5. To make a homemade gift for each birthday. I have lots of ideas that I am not using right now so this should be easy to do.
Working on Shali's! Her birthday is Thursday! Yeah!
6. Add 1-2 beehives to the homestead. I would love, love, love to produce our own honey.
7. Lose 20 pounds over the year. Unbelievably, I love 20 pounds last year and would love to lose 20 more this year.
Still at the same weight. I need to get moving more.
8. Finish six unfinished projects. I will introduce you all to my needlework pile in the future. You might not be laughing after you see it.
Working on this right now:
I have about 7-8 pieces like this done, but I really am trying to use up this entire sheet of paper canvas. It should be able to get 3-4 more Christmas-like things out of it. Maybe by the end of March, I will.
9. Live as frugally as possible by making more my own things and using what I have first before buying more. This really needs to happen this year and working up a realistic budget will be the first step.
We are working towards this. However, my need to stockpile has been kicking into high gear. I make as much as I can of my own things. Produce waste has gone way down this month. I am thrilled with that!
10. Write a book or an e-book. Because I have always wanted to.
11. Go to a self-reliance/preparedness expo and/or Mother Earth News Fair. I have never been to one and always say I want to go one and never do. This year is the year for this!
12. Get a new-to-me double recliner and love seat for the living room. The ones I have have been blessing my home for at least 16-19 years and they blessed some one else's home before that. The kids have made sure they are worn out and broken down. I have fixed over and over again. Enough. Time for new to me stuff!
Thanks for reading!