The weather is beautiful this week in Iowa! I feel like Spring is actually here and I want to play outside!
Homesteading, no matter where you are and how you do it, is a lot of work. Homesteading is a lot of work, especially in the Spring! However, Spring is a time to lighten up and soak in the sunlight we have been missing all Winter (or at least I have!).
This week's challenge? Get outside and have some fun! Get yourself outside, drag your family and/or friends outside with you, and do something fun!
1. Go for a walk, a hike, or ride bikes.
2. Shoot some hoops or pretend to play basketball.
3. Play a game of kickball or softball.
4. Blow bubbles.
5. Draw on the sidewalks with chalk.
6. Practice target shooting with guns or bows and arrows.
7. Have an outdoor scavenger hunt.
8. Have an outdoor picnic/grill out/block party.
9. Have a bonfire or regular fire with all the sticks that fell this last Winter.
10. Play a game of tag or hide and seek.
Getting fresh air and some exercise is great medicine for the body! After Winter, we all need regular doses of sunlight. We have more energy during the day and sleep better at night.
Go outside and have fun!
Thanks for reading,