May was a busy, busy month. First of all, this one graduated!
Jordan graduated from high school on the 17th with a big party on the 16th. We were pretty busy with that. And when we weren't busy with that, we were busy with Dane's big school project. His school has the fourth graders do a wax museum every year complete with a board, essay, and presentation as well as a walk through for the public. Dane was George Lucas this year which was perfect because he loves Star Wars!
Paige had concerts, track meets, track being over, and softball starting. She is always busy! She is looking forward to becoming a high school student next fall. I am just sure her momma is!
Otherwise, here is the update for the goals!
1. Clean, de-clutter, paint, re-carpet, fix ceiling, and organize Paige's room. This room is an unorganized disaster that needs some serious help. Plus she is at that age where she is growing out of everything: clothes, toys, books, etc.
I didn't touch it. That is on tap to be done when school gets out (which is today!).
2. Clean, organize, paint, and re-carpet the office. This is where I work at home (most of the time). It doesn't work for me. It doesn't really work for anyone.
I have been cleaning out and reorganizing. I am getting rid of a fair amount of books, moved most of my library down to shelves in my room, and got rid of a set of shelves that were holding binders. I tossed most of the binders' contents. I am getting rid of a desk in the office which will go to Dane's room since he does not have a desk.
3. Purchase a hand gun and learn to use it well.
4. To blog much more consistently and to learn to use social media to my advantage. To me consistently is at least 3-5 times a week. That doesn't happen right now.
Getting better! Three posts published last week!
5. To make a homemade gift for each birthday. I have lots of ideas that I am not using right now so this should be easy to do.
6. Add 1-2 beehives to the homestead. I would love, love, love to produce our own honey.
7. Lose 20 pounds over the year. Unbelievably, I love 20 pounds last year and would love to lose 20 more this year.
8. Finish six unfinished projects. I will introduce you all to my needlework pile in the future. You might not be laughing after you see it.
Project one finished. I set up my sewing machine, learned how to use it again, and bought new needles and bobbins for it. Then I hemmed the curtains I bought for Rob's house. The curtains and the hemming was a project that had been weighing on me for awhile. Now if we can get the bunk beds done...
9. Live as frugally as possible by making more my own things and using what I have first before buying more. This really needs to happen this year and working up a realistic budget will be the first step.
We have gone back to once a month shopping and menu plans for the entire month. I did the shopping trip two weeks ago with a small trip last week to pick up what Aldi's did not have. So far, so good! I save so much money this way.
10. Write a book or an e-book. Because I have always wanted to.
11. Go to a self-reliance/preparedness expo and/or Mother Earth News Fair. I have never been to one and always say I want to go one and never do. This year is the year for this!
12. Get a new-to-me double recliner and love seat for the living room. The ones I have have been blessing my home for at least 16-19 years and they blessed some one else's home before that. The kids have made sure they are worn out and broken down. I have fixed over and over again. Enough. Time for new to me stuff!
The garden is going in this week. I planted onions and asparagus last week. I will also be weeding and putting up rhubarb this week. I bought some older bananas last week which are perfect for dried bananas. The kids love them!
That is all, folks!