Friday Thoughts - Week of July 24
The Friday Thoughts might give you the impression I am obsessed with certain things, but then again maybe not. Many people ask what I think about things and I am not a very good talker. I will start trying to put my thoughts here every week and see what happens. I am going to keep it to five things that have been on my mind or heart, but I am not making any promises.
1. Well, there is certainly something going on in the air financially in this country. All signs are not pointed to the good either. If you are not paying attention to the financial news in other countries, you might want to be. If a recession or depression happens in this country (again), this will be hard on everyone. So many people depend on the government or other services to stay alive and that may not be possible if something happens.
For the frugally minded, this might not be such a hurt for you. For those that are not frugally minded, you might want to jump on the spend less, save more train. Having cash reserves at home and tucked away at other places will be a saving grace during this time. Learning to do for yourself will be too. Get your food storage in a better shape and always be adding to it.
2. I am continually amazed by people who do not take advantage of when the price is low on certain things (maybe all things). I can understand just not having the money to pay for it. However, the price of propane is the lowest it has been in ten or more years. People say they do not have the money to fill their tank at this price, but have the money for a vacation or to send their kids to every camp they can. I would think having a warm home and saving money would take precedence, but some people are really hung up on living the good life before all else.
3. On a positive note, I love Summer! I wish it was warm all year round in Iowa, but it isn't.
4. I am getting ready to put in the fall garden. I didn't plant as much this Spring due to the busyness of the season. I let that section of garden go to weeds. I just mowed it off last night and will rent a tiller to till it up again. I want to plant green beans, carrots, radishes, potatoes, and maybe a few other things (I haven't decided yet).
5. I just about bought two feeder pigs the other day. I want to try raising a couple of pigs so badly just so we can raise own our meat. However, my family is not on board. At all. And I need a good area built for them first. I have a tendency to jump first and think later so I am trying the opposite. Hopefully, in the next year, we will be adding a feeder pig or two to the homestead.
This week's posts are: 9 Things I Have Learned As A Single Mom Prepper/Homesteader
My favorite Amazon item this week:
Have a good week and let me know what has been on your mind!
Thanks for reading,
(This does contain affiliate links, but I only share my favorites with you!)