July 2015 Goals Update
Dear June, where did you go?
Time for the June update!
1. Clean, de-clutter, paint, re-carpet, fix ceiling, and organize Paige's room. This room is an unorganized disaster that needs some serious help. Plus she is at that age where she is growing out of everything: clothes, toys, books, etc.
We are doing a lot more decluttering than I planned. Which is great! She has gotten rid of a lot of clothes, shoes, and toys. We have a little bit more to do, then we can find the carpet completely and clean it to see if we can make it work. We also picked up another headboard and bed frame (for free) to replace the bed we are moving to her room.
2. Clean, organize, paint, and re-carpet the office. This is where I work at home (most of the time). It doesn't work for me. It doesn't really work for anyone.
I have been doing some serious reorganization in the office. A lot has left the office including all my personal books which are in my room now on shelves. I am working on going through everything to see if it needs to stay or go.
3. Purchase a hand gun and learn to use it well.
4. To blog much more consistently and to learn to use social media to my advantage. To me consistently is at least 3-5 times a week. That doesn't happen right now.
I am learning a lot about everything blogging and I am really excited to implement what I can. You might have seen some of the changes like the pop-up to subscribe to emails from me and larger writing which is easier to read. I am learning more and more about social media and using it. I am also learning about quality over quantity which means I would rather put out one great post a week over three mediocre ones.
5. To make a homemade gift for each birthday. I have lots of ideas that I am not using right now so this should be easy to do.
I have Dane's 11th birthday coming up and I am seriously stumped. Ideas?
7. Lose 20 pounds over the year. Unbelievably, I love 20 pounds last year and would love to lose 20 more this year.
Still working on that too! I am staying active, but working on some dietary changes. I am working on being more conscious of the sugar carbs I consume.
8. Finish six unfinished projects. I will introduce you all to my needlework pile in the future. You might not be laughing after you see it.
One project is done (curtains) and we have the other just about done. We redid and restrengthened the bunk beds that were at my house for Rob's house for the kids to sleep on. They will be done by Friday! Yeah!
9. Live as frugally as possible by making more my own things and using what I have first before buying more. This really needs to happen this year and working up a realistic budget will be the first step.
I have the budget and it has been ridiculously easy to stick to so far. Summer is always hard on my budget so this should be interesting to see how easy this is. I am also putting aside $20 cash from each paycheck and all my egg money for a rainy day cash fund. So far, so good!
10. Write a book or an e-book. Because I have always wanted to.
11. Go to a self-reliance/preparedness expo and/or Mother Earth News Fair. I have never been to one and always say I want to go one and never do. This year is the year for this!
12. Get a new-to-me double recliner and love seat for the living room. The ones I have have been blessing my home for at least 16-19 years and they blessed some one else's home before that. The kids have made sure they are worn out and broken down. I have fixed over and over again. Enough. Time for new to me stuff!
Still looking for these too. I need to start going to auctions!
That is where I am at for the progress. I know I don't get a lot done every month, but progress is progress. July is a lot more calmer for us even though the kids are going to church camps and have 4-H fair coming up. I hope to get a lot more done!
Thanks for reading,