The Friday Thoughts might give you the impression I am obsessed with certain things, but then again maybe not. Many people ask what I think about things and I am not a very good talker. I will start trying to put my thoughts here every week and see what happens. I am going to keep it to five things that have been on my mind or heart, but I am not making any promises.
1. I did not watch the presidential debates last night. I could care less about the debates unless they are really going to talk about the real issues. And although I think Donald Trump could contribute a lot to this country, I really don't think he is presidential material. I like a few other candidates and will just wait to see how they do.
2. In a couple short weeks, I will have two kids in their own apartment at college and two kids at home. That just seems so strange. I love them so much, but life has more in store for them and I can't wait to see the adventures they go on in their lives.
3. In relation to #2, I was doing laundry last night and remembering the good old days when I had to do a load every morning and night along with several loads on the weekends just to keep up with the laundry. With four kids at home, I had a lot of laundry to do! Now I am down to once a day, maybe, with a couple loads on the weekends. Jordan has been doing her own laundry this summer so I haven't needed to worry about hers. That seems strange too, but I do enjoy doing less laundry!
4. We need rain. I want to get a fall garden in, but the ground is so hard. I can't get the tiller in the garden to do a decent job breaking up the dirt. The ground is cracking around my onions. However, the tomatoes are doing well with lots of green tomatoes. Hopefully soon, I will have lots of red tomatoes!
5. The chickens have been molting. I think they are mostly done molting now. I was only getting 1-2 eggs a day for two weeks and now we are back to 7-8 eggs a day. Hopefully we will be getting a dozen a day again soon.
6. I have been more driven lately to be organized. So much so that I am going to clean out and organize my freezers. Yikes. (I will be putting up a post about that later!) I am getting so cluttered in my mind that I need my surroundings clean and decluttered. I want to know where everything is and I want to be able to find it immediately. I have not gotten everything done yet, but I will!
This week's blog post: Is It A NEED or a WANT? What Should You Spend Your Money On?
What I bought on Amazon this week: Sterlite Deep Ultra Basket with Titanium Inserts, White, 6-pack (for organizing the freezer)
Thanks for reading,
This does contain affiliate links, but I only share my favorites with you!)