August was busy! We did a fair amount of purging and decluttering. You will have that when you move another kid out of the house and to her own apartment at college. We still are. I even sorted out the sock bin in the laundry room and pitched a small trashcan full of socks.
School also started on the 24th and we were all ready for it to start! The kids got their own Chromebooks again from the school.
1. Clean, de-clutter, paint, re-carpet, fix ceiling, and organize Paige's room. This room is an unorganized disaster that needs some serious help. Plus she is at that age where she is growing out of everything: clothes, toys, books, etc.
We have a little bit of cleaning left to do. Then we will be looking to fix her ceiling.
2. Clean, organize, paint, and re-carpet the office. This is where I work at home (most of the time). It doesn't work for me. It doesn't really work for anyone.
I am looking at putting hardwood laminate flooring in my office now instead of carpet. I have a box of it leftover from the doing the front and back entry ways. I am thinking I will get a couple more boxes to match it and put that instead. I am also looking through what I have left in paint from other projects to give it a new coat.
3. Purchase a hand gun and learn to use it well.
I need to do this yet. Soon.
4. To blog much more consistently and to learn to use social media to my advantage. To me consistently is at least 3-5 times a week. That doesn't happen right now.
This goal will always be in the works this year. I have learned so much about blogging and social media from fellow bloggers. I am amazed at how this all works!
5. To make a homemade gift for
7. Lose 20 pounds over the year. Unbelievably, I lost 20 pounds last year and would love to lose 20 more this year.
I have lost about 5 pounds. I bought an elliptical machine and some yoga DVDs. I love doing yoga and don't know why I quit. Now I just need to get into a regular routine.
8. Finish six unfinished projects. I will introduce you all to my needlework pile in the future. You might not be laughing after you see it.
Still working on them. A little bit every weekend.
9. Live as frugally as possible by making more my own things and using what I have first before buying more. This really needs to happen this year and working up a realistic budget will be the first step.
This was hard in August. School is such a wild card in my budget. This month had a lot more unexpected expenses for needed shirts, sign up fees, and whatnot. However, we did fairly well.
10. Write a book or an e-book. Because I have always wanted to.
I have not had time to work on this in August. Maybe when the weather gets cool again?
11. Go to a self-reliance/preparedness expo and/or Mother Earth News Fair. I have never been to one and always say I want to go one and never do. This year is the year for this!
Hopefully yet. There is usually a self-reliance expo in Minneapolis in the fall. I hope to make it there this year.
12. Get a new-to-me double recliner and love seat for the living room. The ones I have have been blessing my home for at least 16-19 years and they blessed some one else's home before that. The kids have made sure they are worn out and broken down. I have fixed over and over again. Enough. Time for new to me stuff!
I haven't found what I am looking for yet. I am not being picky, but I refuse to buy floral printed furniture. I have my limits!
Thanks for reading!