I just got done reading The Survival Savvy Family by Julie Sczerbinski. Julie is a fellow blogger that asked for others, including me, to review her book. I love her blog, Home Ready Home, and thought she would write a pretty good book.
I was wrong. This book isn't just pretty good. This book is fantastic! If you want to get your family prepared and ready for survival, this book is it!
Julie covers critical survival and preparedness topics such as:
- Having a family emergency plan
- Getting an emergency kit together
- Getting your pantry in order and getting your food storage built up
- Being medically ready
- Being financially ready
- What to do away from home
- How to deal with power outages
- Whether to bug in or bug out
- Dealing with natural disasters
- Preparing for house fires
- What to do if your home is broken in
- Personal safety
- Getting the kids prepared and teaching them to be safe
Julie also has worksheets and comprehensive checklists in her book that will help you and your family to make sure you have everything you need to be prepared. She has a checklist for what to have on hand for your pets in an emergency situation, what and how much to pack in your child's to-go bag, and more.
She tells her story about why they started preparing and also gives a lot of personal examples throughout the book. I like when an author can help the reader by personally relating to the reader. It helps the author be more credible in their subject matter.
Even though I was provided a copy of this book for review, I would have bought it anyway. Julie is a great blogger and author and she really proves it with The Survival Savvy Family. I think this book should be in your preparedness library as well as given as a gift for those families you know are struggling with being prepared.
Thanks for reading,