Since my goals for 2015 pretty much didn't get accomplished, I figured I needed a new game plan.
What is that game plan?
1. Break them down into more manageable and easier to accomplish tasks.
2. Print them out. Maybe make the print out fancy or more eye catching.
3. Hang my goals in several places in my home.
To be fair, my focus shifted last year especially in the last three months. The biggest change to my focus is that Rob and I are going to move in together at the end of January. I decided that meant I needed to get much more organized and declutter the whole house.
Rational thinking, right?
I am still not done, but a lot of progress has been made. Much more needs to be made.
However, I still enjoyed having goals last year so I will endeavor to have goals this year. Some of my goals are the same from last year with some new ones thrown in. Some of my goals will depend on others, but I am okay with that. I seek to encourage others and hope that happens on a regular basis.
I am also splitting my goals up this year. I will not be posting my blogging goals because those are quite personal and I do not seek to burden you with that somewhat boring stuff.
1. To stop picking up after my kids and make them do it. This may not seem big, but I feel like I do this too often and because I am too lazy to make the kid who made the mess clean it up. Not anymore.
2. Clean, de-clutter, paint, re-carpet, fix ceiling, and organize Paige's room. This room is an unorganized disaster that needs some serious help. Plus she is at that age where she is growing out of everything: clothes, toys, books, etc. We actually made a lot of progress on this in 2015, but it just needs to get done!
3. Move the bedrooms from the basement to the upstairs and move the spare bedrooms to the basement.
4. Paint the upstairs hallway/stairway.
1. To check my bank account every week. No matter how scary it is. I have a budget, but I hate checking my bank account. It is really depressing and I don't like to it. However, that is cowardly and, to be able to track my spending better, I need to check it at least weekly.
2. Write a book or an e-book. Because I have always wanted to.
3. To read at least 25 pages every day. I have been slacking on my reading and I love to read! Time to get back to it.
1. To build a raised bed in the garden for my carrots and beets. My soil is too clay like to grow these things well. I want to build a raised bed with more sand and less dirt. I want to build a second one for my potatoes, but we will see how much material I have on hand to build a second one.
2. To add more layer chickens to the flock. My chickens will be two years old in May and production will be declining. Time to start adding.
3. Plant 2-3 apple trees, 2 pear trees, and try again with plum trees. The farm needs more fruit and rejuvenation.
4. Start a small flock of meat chickens and butcher them myself. Maybe 10-15 birds for my first time.
1. To become more comfortable with guns and learn to shoot well.
2. To practice with a bow more often and maybe hunt with it.
3. To acquire more water storage. I want to add 75-100 gallons of water to my existing water supplies.
4. To build up my food storage to at least a comfortable year or longer.
What are your goals for the new year?
Thanks for reading,