What Does Your Prepper Want For Christmas? This Prepper's Top 10 Christmas Wishlist!
Christmas is a hard time for me. People ask me what I want for Christmas and I have a tough time telling them what I want! Of course, I have an Amazon wishlist and a mental wishlist. However, I still am not sure what to tell my loved ones what I want.
Then there is also the small problem of me telling them some of the things I want, but they won't buy them anyway! Anyhoo...
The special prepper in your life can be hard to shop for. You know they love gadgets, but they have so many already! You know all about the "two is one and one is none" theory, but how many of one thing do they really need? Is a bucket of emergency storage food really a gift (yes, it is!)?
I am here to help! I have compiled a list of things I want or have gotten that I think would make great gifts. I have picked all prices ranges for those with a smaller and bigger holiday budget,
In no particular order or priority is This Prepper's Top 10 Christmas Wishlist:
1. A Generator! I prefer to have smaller generators that I can move around myself (although I wouldn't turn down a big one!). This WEN Gas Powered Generator would be perfect for the prepper in your life. It can be used for camping, home, and emergencies.
2. Books! All preppers need a good reference library. I prefer my reference library to be in print versus electronic. Some good book suggestions would be:
- The Prepper's Water Survival Guide: Harvest, Treat, and Store Your Most Vital Resource by Daisy Luther
- Prepper's Long-Term Survival Guide by Jim Cobb
- Prepper's Natural Medicine by Cat Ellis
- The Prepper's Blueprint: A Step by Step Guide to Get You Through Any Disaster by Tess Pennington
- The Survival Medicine Handbook by Dr. Joe Alton and Amy Alton
- How To Survive the End of the World As We Know It by James Wesley, Rawles
3. Pressure Canner and/or a Water Canner! Actually, I have a water canner because I got that for Christmas just a few years ago! However, I would love another pressure canner! This is the pressure canner that has sat on my wishlist for a while. If you are in the market for a water canner, this canner is the one I have and love!
4. Lights. Nothing is more important than good lighting when you are trying to see in the dark. Whether you choose a flashlight, a LED lantern, or an oil lamp, lighting can make a situation a lot less important. A good prepper knows you cannot have too many sources of lights.
5. Solar anything! I would love solar chargers of any sort! Most preppers do because it is a vital source of charging when the power is out or you want to be off-grid even more. Some of the things are:
- Sunferno 5000mah Weatherproof Dual USB External Power Bank
- Goal Zero 19010 Guide 10 Plus Solar Charging Kit
- Goal Zero Nomad 7 Solar Panel
6. Two Way Radios! Communication will always be important in an emergency or when needing to protect your property. Cell phones are not always reliable or may not work. These Baofeng two-way radios have been on my list for quite a while!
7. A Personal Water Filter! I actually have two Lifestraws, but I couldn't think of a better gift to give or receive! There are other options out there for personal water filters, but I think it is important to have one in the car and in your go-to bag.
8. Alternative forms of cooking! When the power goes out or you want to be off-grid a little more, having non-electrical forms of cooking is the ticket! I have had this Eco-Zoom Rocket Stove on my list for a while and I love what I have heard about it!
9. An emergency and weather radio! I do have a couple, but my favorite is this Kaito 5 Way Powered Emergency and Weather Radio with Flashlight, Reading Lamp and Charger. This is a great tool to have when the power goes out and you need to know what is going on!
10. A Foodsaver! Yes, a Foodsaver. I use this for storing food in the freezer and for being able to store more in my 72-hour kit and to-go bags. I use this to store my dehydrated goods, seeds, and grains. This Foodsaver has a lot more uses besides storing food!
I didn't include any knives or personal protection items. I think this is a personal choice and I am not the best one to give advice on that. However, if that special prepper in your life gives you a specific idea of what they want, GO FOR IT!
What would you add to this list? What is on your Christmas prepping wishlist?
(Yes, this post contains a lot of affiliate links. They do not cost you anything if you should decide to buy something. I do receive a small commission that will help my family out greatly! Thanks!)
Thanks for reading,
10 Money Saving Tips for a Frugal Holidays!
Are You Struggling Financially This Christmas?