Finances are a hot topic any day. We are all looking for ways to save money and ways to better spend our money. With daily and monthly expenses threatening to overwhelm us, who wouldn't be interested in how to make our dollars go further?
Financial preparedness is just as important as emergency preparedness. We need to be ready for anything. Making a dollar go further, saving money, and getting out of debt should be at the top of our prepping lists.
So we all need good frugal living/financial books around to give us good tips and advice. I love to give these books as gifts when I can. Just like preparedness minded books, these books only serve to help people live a better life and be prepared for whatever hits them.
These books have all been read by me personally, either as a paper copy or on Kindle, and would be books I would read over and over again if I can.
My 10 Favorite Frugal Living/Financial Books to Read and to Give:
1. The Tightwad Gazette: Promoting Thrift as a Viable Alternative Lifestyle by Amy Dacyczyn (My favorite frugal living book, hands down!)
2. America's Cheapest Family Gets You Right on the Money: Your Guide to Living Better, Spending Less, and Cashing in on Your Dreams by Steve and Annette Economides
3. Be Thrifty: How to Live Better with Less by Pia Catton and Califia Suntree
4. Meet the Frugalwoods: Achieving Financial Independence Through Simple Living by Elizabeth Willard Thames
5. The No Spend Year: How you can spend less and live more by Michelle McGagh
6. The Total Money Makeover: A Proven Plan for Financial Fitness by Dave Ramsey (okay, just about anything from Dave Ramsey is recommended reading. I don't totally agree with him, but if you need your finances put on the right track, he is the one to read.)
7. How To Manage Your Money When You Don't Have Any by Erik Wecks
8. Living Well, Spending Less: 12 Secrets of the Good Life by Ruth Soukup
9. The Homemade Housewife: The Last Book You Will Ever Need on Homemaking and Frugal Living by Kate Singh (Kate Singh has a few books on saving money and being frugal - they are all good!)
10. Why Did They Teach Me This in School?: 99 Money Management Principles To Live By: Cary Siegel
These are ten of my favorite frugal living/finance books, but there are so many more to read. I have plenty of them loaded onto my Kindle or in a pile of books to be read.
What are some of your favorite books in the frugal living/finance areas? Please list them in the comments below!
Thanks for reading,
20 Books To Give Your Favorite Prepper (And Non-Prepper) for the Holidays!
The Prepper's Canning Guide Book Review